I love writing. Mostly I write for this and other blogs but I’ve been fortunate enough to have technical articles published in a computer magazine, autobiographical anecdotes published in Indianapolis Monthly Magazine, and I recently decided to try my hand at writing science fiction. I love writing so much I decided I wanted to write about writing. In the articles linked below you will find a series of blog posts that I’m calling “Author’s Journal” in which I talk about various things that I’ve written (some published some unpublished). Sometimes it seems like the story behind how I wrote something turned out to be more interesting than the piece of writing that I’m talking about. Judge for yourself. I hope you enjoy.
- Introducing “Author’s Journal” — In this initial installment I introduce the series and then tell the story of how I wrote a particularly well-received short story for a high school creative writing class. It never got published, See the link below to read the story
- Author’s Journal: My First Print Publication — My first published work was a two-part technical article for computer magazine sometime around 1980. And there’s a plot twist. Check it out.
- Author’s Journal: My Award-Winning Article “The Reunion”
- Author’s Journal: The Lost Story “Cold Chills”
- Author’s Journal: Hooray! My First Rejection!
- Author’s Journal: My First Book Published
- Author’s Journal: My Book Is Finished –– I’ve been unsuccessful in publishing my short science fiction stories. So I’m putting them together in a self published anthology that I will sell on Amazon as an e-book. I still have seven more places I can submit stories and once I’ve exhausted that option, I will release my e-book.
- Watch this space…